Welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday. This series is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and features a new topic each week, chosen by the host. This week’s topic is Top Ten Favorite Places to Read. What are your favorite places to get some reading time? Here are mine:
- Bed: This is one of my most common reading places. I’ve recently gotten back into the habit of getting a few chapters in before I turn in at night.
- Car: Honestly, I get a very huge chunk of my reading done during my commute. And no, I’m not one of those annoying drivers who puts a book on the steering wheel and threatens to kill people. I do a lot of audiobooks! If it weren’t for audio, I wouldn’t have near as much reading time as I do.
- My library (working): I spend a lot of time shelving legal books and pocket parts, which can be a pretty monotonous task, so I generally have an audiobook going while I work. It’s definitely a way to be personally productive while also being professionally productive.
- My back deck: I love to sit outside on nice days on the back deck with a good book. It’s been way too hot lately, but in the Spring I did a fair amount of this when I could, though my opportunities are very limited.
- Comfy chair: I do a fair amount of reading in my rocking chair in the living room or curled up on the couch. If I’m home and not in bed, that’s typically where I am.
- Coffee shop or cafe: If I’m out to lunch or just have some time to kill, I’ll generally take myself to a coffee shop for some reading time.
- Poolside: Let’s face it, this doesn’t really happen very often. If I’m at a pool, I’m with my kids in the water with them or constantly being disrupted by them calling for my attention. But, if the opportunity comes, I enjoy it.
- Park or other scenic spot: Another thing that I don’t do nearly enough. I enjoy going out to a park or a lakeside and finding a cozy spot, maybe with a blanket and reading in the quiet while soaking in the fresh air.
- At the gym: This is another audiobook spot. I have trouble exercising when I have nothing to do, so I often take that opportunity to tune into my audiobooks. I’ll bring an actual book sometimes, but it can be hard to focus depending on what I’m doing, so audio generally works best.
- While doing housework: I’ll often turn an audiobook on my phone while I’m moving about the house doing dishes, laundry, or other housework. It makes an enjoyable task somewhat enjoyable and gives me some reading progress as an added bonus.
There you have it! Those are my favorite reading spots. What about you? What’s your favorite place to curl up with a book? Feel free to share in the comments.